There are many properly designed and professional search templates for Google Blogger, all very tempting for the regular Blogger to import. Most of these are examined for Blogger and paintings exceptional, but Google has made the importation of those every so often buggy and more tedious method than it was once. So here are a dozen easy steps to make these other templates work simultaneously as backing up your modern blog site.
1. To alternate to a brand new template, you should first have the new one downloaded onto your nearby laptop. It’ll usually be in the XML layout, but it is definitely in a TXT file once in a while.
2. After logging in at Blogger, pick Customize your weblog.
3. Return to the prevailing template, pick out the Layout, Edit the HTML, and Download the Template. Change the call to something you recognize, like ‘Temp-MyBlog-010309’, then keep it. This takes a few seconds; the report can be small, typically 50-100k. This will now not shop the posts; that’s next.
4. Next, back your posts. You won’t reload them; it’s just an excellent concept to back them up before foremost changes. Select Settings, then Export Blog (the Basic tab). This exports the posts themselves. Again, shop the file as something you remember, like ‘Exp-MyBlog-010309’.
5. You want to lower back up or reproduce each of your widgets, the HTML code. Again, make sure you use a text editor like Notepad. I put them all in one report with labels for every and a separator line, making it clear to replicate them again into the brand new template. Unfortunately, copy and paste is the simplest method you could use right here, one after the other, so it could be tedious with a crowded interface with many sidebar gadgets.
6. Now, you are ready for the brand-new template. Return to Edit HTML, and pick Browse to find the new template for your laptop. When you choose it, click OK, then while again in Blogger, pick out Upload. The new template could be transferred to Blogger.
7. After the refresh, you’ll see a list of widgets on the left to be deleted, which include ‘html1’ and ‘blog1’. If you proceed from here, you will probably get the infamous ‘Bk-#’ error display with a mistake code. This is because you must first debug the brand-new template.
8. Use ‘Ctrl-F’ to Find and search for ‘widget identification.’
9. When you locate one, click Close, then edit the resulting widget’s call that you see via incrementing the number, consisting of ‘html1’ needs to be modified to ‘html2’, ‘text1’ will become ‘text2’, and so forth. There can be two or more of these; trade them all. Don’t miss converting ‘blog1’ to ‘blog2’, which is nearly constantly present. Then, use Ctrl-F again for the next instance of ‘widget identity.’
10. When you’ve edited all of them (and be careful not to cycle through them two times), click Save Template. After the screen refreshes, you’ve got a brand new listing of widgets to be able to be deleted, but now it’s OK; none can be from the new template.
11. Click Confirm and Save. These should include paintings without mistakes now, and you could choose both Preview or View Blog and spot the consequences.
12. You can now replicate your widget’s lower back (one by one) deleted at some point in the importation procedure. So even when you have many, it has to take less than an hour.
Since you have nicely subsidized the preceding template, you do not adore it if there may be trouble with the brand-new one. You can trade again to the authentic one by using the upload manner and choosing the unique template backup call. Of course, you will copy the returned individual widgets once more, but you may not lose something as a minimum.
READ ALSO :
- How to Make Money Online – Lifestyle Or Professional Blogger
- How to Attract Beautiful Women With The Law of Attraction
- Wisconsin politician gives $115k to a transgender candidate in Virginia
- Templates for an economic ‘church’ that does not exploit selfishness
- Great Tips on How to Make Money on eBay